When difficult and traumatic things happen in our world—school shootings, bombings, war, etc.—it can be difficult to know how to talk to children and youth about the events. These links will provide you with helpful tips and important things to keep in mind as you have these conversations.
- Parent Guidelines for Helping Youth After the Recent Shooting (HERE)
- Talking to Children about the Shooting (HERE)
- Helping School-Age Children with Traumatic Grief: Tips for Caregivers (HERE)
- Helping Teens with Traumatic Grief: Tips for Caregivers (HERE)
- Talking With Children About Difficult Current Events (HERE)